September 15, 2015 12:00 pm
NEP Bow Tie is delighted to have been awarded the prestigious Broadcasting Services contract for the National Assembly for Wales.
The Assembly is committed to making its proceedings open and transparent to the people of Wales and beyond. Coverage of proceedings on television, radio and the internet are recognised as key facilitators of public access to Assembly business, particularly for those physically remote from the Assembly’s proceedings which mainly take place in Cardiff Bay.
This encompasses the first-class broadcasting service of the Senedd and Committees which includes the production of broadcast quality sound and vision feeds of all Assembly proceedings for televising by external broadcasters within and outside of Wales, and for internal distribution via the Client’s in-house television systems.
The contract covers the following areas:
- To provide a web streaming service allows the general public to view live and archive content of Assembly proceedings, publicity and press-release videos
- To manage the digital archive of broadcast quality footage, and maintain the Client’s previous tape archive
- To maintain the Client’s broadcasting and associated audio-visual equipment across the Assembly estate (Senedd, Pierhead and Siambr Hywel)
- To repair or replace the Client’s broadcasting and associated audio-visual equipment across the Assembly estate (Senedd, Pierhead and Siambr Hywel) in the event of failure
- To evaluate and, where necessary, update and upgrade the Client’s broadcasting infrastructure, including design, procurement and replacement of the Client’s systems and equipment
- To provide a strategic consultancy service to the Client on broadcasting and audio-visual matters
- To provide footage on request by internal and external organisations in a variety of formats, and to manage the associated processes